Monday, September 15, 2008

He knows...

The other morning I was having a bad start to the day. I was missing home, we didn't have power so I couldn't do laundry that had been piling up and starting to smell, etc. Then I heard, "Sallllluuuudooosss," "Elllllioooo, Liiiishhhhiii (Lindsay)." I went to the door and saw our neighbors Rafa and Charo...plants and machete in hand. They had come to plant some plants in our yard. Charo is a wonderful gardener and has a beautiful yard full of plants, flowers, and palms. They had dug up some of their very own plants from their yard and brought them down to us. Charo went straight to work...

This blessed me so much. I felt like the Lord was smiling down on me saying, "I see you, I know where you are at, and I'm sending you a little something to brighten your day." Elliott and I had been wanting to plant some things in our yard for weeks, but hadn't had the time to do so. And then, in a matter of a half hour we had 5 new plants! 

3 comments:

Michelle Sterchi said...

God is so good and YES He is the God who SEES!! I give thanks for the way He showed His love to you on Monday and pray you will feel His loving presence each and every minute today. Can't wait to see you and El on Sunday night.

The Sudan Fam said...

what a great story! We serve a Great God! And you have sweet neighbors!

Uncle Matt said...

Keep jamming. We are praying for you both! and couldn't be more encouraged by you!