Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Preggo Update


Well, we haven't really blogged about me being pregnant...so I thought it was time. So far, time has fllllooowwwnn by (I hear I am the first pregnant woman to ever say this), but its true. I really can't believe that I am now 26 weeks along. Sometimes I feel like I need more time- ha! 

Our little girl remains nameless. Elliott is affectionately calling her Junebug since she is due on June 4. Sometimes I call her Juney for short. But other than that, we are a little behind on the name search. We are open to any suggestions! 

We have a GREAT doctor here in Santo Domingo. She speaks English which is really nice not to have to try to explain and understand everything in Spanish. I know I will be especially grateful come delivery time. Last week we went to our first birthing class at the hospital (in Spanish). We are in a class of about 8 couples, 6 Dominican, 1 Paraguanian, and us!! Our teacher's name is Mechy, and she can't weigh more than 85 pounds...quite a contrast in a room full of pregnant ladies! El and I were definitely holding in some laughs during the class...its a whole new cultural experience. 

My mom is going to come down in April to help me get the nursery set up when my dad comes for the Men's trip. I have spent waaaay to many hours searching baby stuff online. But, when there is no such thing as Target or Babies-R-Us here...its all I'm left with. 

We are SO excited to know our little girl. We grow to love her more and more each day. 

9 comments:

John said...

So... I take it you don't like any of my baby name suggestions? I'm not offended... I'm offended a little.

One more... Wendy.

I'm sitting in a Wendy's. They do have great burgers.

Tell Frankenstein I said "Hello"

The Sudan Fam said...

hmmm, names are tough. but girl names are way more fun to think of than boy names!! i think yall should stick with junebug!!

Holly said...

juney drake...i kinda like it. but will the dominicans have a hard time with it??? ;-)

Sarah said...

our next door neighbors have a little girl named junia. no lie, thats her name. and she is the bomb.

but i do have to say, they have a had a few people ask who she is named after, as in people think her name is "junior" but they just say it funny. get it?

anyway, junia is the most precious little girl, so if you cant get away from junebug, it could be an option.

Anne said...

Have fun figuring out the name thing. We thankfully still have our girl name from when we were pregnant with Matthew (if we have a girl she will be Erin Grace). I actually like the Junebug nickname - it is quite cute. You will find the right one - even if you don't decide until she is in your arms. Enjoy getting everything ready and enjoy your time together! The last 3 months will go very fast!

Monique said...

ahhhhh i can't get over that you are preggers! i just love it for you and el...i wasa thinking how great of a name is monique? i mean i would not be opposed to it really....but for real here are some that i was just thinking since you are in the dominican i was going with spanish friendly names (same route my mom did with us) sophie (sophia), cristina, gloria (maybe grandma-ish but i think its cute) anywho, was just going to throw that out....love you drakes!

Anonymous said...

Linds- Kent did some research on our family and found that our great great grandmother on mom's side was was named Isador (e?) Gilchrist Ives.. Now that's an awesome name...best i've heard in our lineage...about time it cycles back through, don't ya think???

Anonymous said...

Linds- This is annie. i did it wrong and it came up anonymous...

Nick and Kara McKinney said...

Whats up El Nino and Lin sin say - Junebug totally reminds me of the movie "Juno". Love the movie, love the name. -Nick