Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm going to miss being pregnant.



I guess thats a pretty rare thing for someone to say one day before their due date. But, in the DR, pregnant women are treated like celebrities. There is a common phrase that everyone says..."pregnant women don't wait in line." So, I don't have to wait in line to use the bathroom, order food, pay our cell phone bill, check out my groceries, etc.....it's great! As soon as I get in line, the person in front of me will turn around and push me to the front of the line. At first, I was a little shy and would stay put, but then I realized that I better take advantage of the royal treatment while I could. Elliott has milked the "pregnancy privileges" as well. We will be out, and he will ask to do something and then throw in, "my wife is pregnant," and immediately the person will throw up their hands and say "claro, claro," (of course, of course). So, while I will not miss carrying around a watermelon, the backaches, the heartburn, and all of the other annoyances that come along with being pregnant, I will miss being a member of the pregnancy elite!!!

Please pray that little baby Drake will grace us with her presence before my dad has to go back to Orlando early Saturday morning. 

2 comments:

The Sudan Fam said...

oh my gosh- you seriously look so good and sooooo cute pregnant, Lindsay! praying for Baby Drake to come soon!

Shannon V. said...

Waiting for the call...we are all anxious over here too! Saw some of the BLC Sisters tonight and they are all praying! You look AMAZING!!
Blessings and love to you all! xoxox
Shannon