Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My new favorite spot

Last week we went with Elliott's parents to the Botanical Gardens in Santo Domingo. I have been wanting to go ever since we moved here. It was really beautiful, quiet, and peaceful...three things that are hard to find in this big city. I think it is going to become a place that we "escape" to quite often. They have lots of trails, so we could even go there to run. My favorite part was the orchid exhibit. They had dozens of different kinds of orhids....all different colors, some big, some small, even fragrant ones (those were my favorite because they smelled SOO good). We had a wonderful time...it was good to  be outside, enjoying nature and each other. 
There were lots of mosquitos...Avery is getting quite used to viewing the world from under a net. Poor thing.

Have you ever seen a pink pineapple?

No comments: