Thursday, February 4, 2010

Eight


Avery is eight months old!!

She has such a fun little personality and a great sense of humor. She is always laughing at something...if I move a certain way, make a funny face, up on dad's shoulders, jumping in her jumper, dancing with dad, chasing people with Pops...she giggles and giggles. I love it! She loves to give wet slobbery kisses and even says "mmmmwa" (kinda- more of mom and dad's interpretation that actually knowing what she is doing). She is a really really good eater and eats most everything I give here. For some reason the DR only sells fruit baby food- no veggies. And the fruit they do sell has sugar as the second ingredient listed. So, I have resorted to making my own baby food, which has actually been quite fun. She loves auyama (a Dominican squash), broccoli, green beans, peaches, apples, and pears. But, her absolute favorite thing to eat is Cheerios- I never leave the house without them. She can even pick them up and feed them to herself. She is still a pro-sleeper at night, and now takes 2 naps a day (sometimes three). She sleeps with her little frog-blanket that Elliott has affectionaly named Maco (frog in spanish). She's still not crawling yet, but getting really close- although she can cover some serious ground by scooting backwards on her belly. Her hair is starting to come in more- I finally have something to wash when I give her a bath.

We love you so much Avery and can't wait to see how you grow and change this month.

So proud that she can stand up in her crib.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Avery you are such a beautiful girl!!! We love you very much and can't wait to meet you. Don't forget to keep your Mom and Dad on their toes :-)

Sarah said...

i looooooooove her.

Monique said...

she is too precious! i love it!

mark and elizabeth said...

what a cutie patootie!! happy eight month birthday aves! i sure wish we were meeting somewhere this weekend to continue our annual reunion!! i'm sure missing you this week. LOVE seeing all these smily pics of avery!!! I love her and I love you, Linds!!!

Jeanie said...

Linds, she is adorable:) Thanks for the updates because I can imagine what she is like. I sure hope to meet her some day soon. Hugs and kisses to you all!