Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tri-Lakes Sentinel

Weekend Edition



Well, the weekend is finally here and I am sooo glad to be feeling well enough to give you the scoop on recent happenings here in Palmer Lake and around the world!


-Prayers & Celebration
Yesterday morning my fever finally broke and after remaining isolated for 72 hours I reentered society and had dinner with my bride in the dining room. I was absolutely exhausted, so we sat alone, but it was encouraging to hear the applause of my classmates when I joined them in the buffet line. Their prayers have been fervent, I know, and it was a joy to see them again.

-A Tutor and A Movie
After looking forward for months to this invaluable preparation here at MTI, it was painful to lie in bed this week as morning and afternoon training sessions rolled on. Knowing that much of the material covered this week was foundational, I found myself anxiously wondering what I was missing. Fortunately, Lindsay is a wonderful student and teacher and she has already brought me up to speed on much of what I missed.
To pass the time I also borrowed some DVDs from the MTI library (limited selection). They weren't official lectures or lessons on cross-cultural adjustment, but "Little House on the Prairie" proves to be an excellent cross-cultural handbook. Laura Ingalls describes our own adventure to the DR quite well when she says, "I knew there would be rivers to cross and hills to climb; and I was glad, because this is a fine land and I rejoiced that I would see it."

-Eagles Soar


Last night Las Aguilas del Cibao defeated Los Tigres del Licey to become the national champions of the DR's professional baseball league. This, the Aguilas 20th championship title, comes at an opportune time as the team's city, Santiago, hosts this year's Serie Del Caribe to determine the top baseball team of several Latin nations. It's also nice that Lindsay and I will be moving to our new home in a year that celebrates the championship victory of our favorite Dominican baseball team.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing with love 1-2-3!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I ran into Mr. and Mrs. Sterchi at Jessica's wedding and they told me about your blog and what yall are up to - how exciting! Would love to hear more about it - is there an email address I can write to?

Anonymous said...

oh and my email is melissa.booher@gmail.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?