Monday, April 27, 2009

SURPRISE!!!


Last Saturday night, Zeneida and Rosario threw me a surprise Baby Shower. It was really fun to celebrate with friends and family...the Breuls came down from Jarabacoa, Sally Dulap came in from Santiago, my parents were here, and many of our Dominican friends joined the celebration!!! 

They had the top floor of the Nazaret school all decorated with baby clothes, a HUGE stork, and a 7 ft. waterfall with lights!! Bet you have never seen a waterfall at a baby shower before! We played some hilarious games....quiet the crying baby, and sing your favorite lullaby. Dominicans love being dramatic, so you can image how those games went. Then, everyone had to give Elliott and I some new parent advice. We ate some yummy food, and then we opened gifts.
Quiet the crying baby

More games


With Javier and Rosario in front of the pink waterfall!

Mia and Pops!!

The Breul Boys

I really was soooo blessed by the shower. We have had our ups and downs living here this first year, but it really made me realize how loved and supported we are. It is definitely a night I will NEVER forget. 

A few weeks ago my mom's friends threw me a Skype shower since I couldn't be there in person. It was really fun too! 
Here I am on the Big Screen!


My mom and all of the hostesses. 

We have been loved from afar in so many creative ways during my pregnancy. Love can not be bound by distance!!

3 comments:

Michelle Sterchi said...

I'll always remember your Dominican Baby Shower, what fun and what LOVE they poured out for you, El and Baby Drake. Counting down the weeks till we get to rock her in that awesome rocker!!

Heather said...

Congrats Lindsay! You look so beautiful and I am excited you have been able to celebrate with loved ones everywhere the upcoming arrival of your daughter. I love seeing "peeks" of your life in the DR, so thanks for sharing. You are encouraging to me in DC, as I try to do "ministry" here and know that I will be praying for you guys and the arrival of your sweet girl.
Love,
Heather

Betty said...

I always love getting a glimpse of you guys, and especially now as it is sooo clear that your "kiaros" time is quickly approaching!!! ;)
You are so right...love cannot be bound by distance. Though we are loving you from afar, you all always remain close to our hearts!
T&B xoxo